What We Are
- We’re a group of motivated individuals who are entirely focused on learning and trying new things.
- We’re committed to setting goals, meeting goals, and helping you set and meet goals.
- We are intentional with our programming and measured with our recovery.
- We offer strength and conditioning programs specific to an individual, based on their needs.
- We specialize in the initial teaching, continual education, and constant practice of Olympic Lifting.
What We Aren't
- We are not all athletes. 95% of our gym is made up of normal people that work out and try to be the best versions of themselves.
- We’re not a powerlifting gym. Our programming specializes in not being specialized and is not just about lifting.
- We aren’t just a gym. We are a group of people who are just as focused on being a community as we are on working out.
- We aren’t just a CrossFit box. We do a lot of CrossFit; we do not let it define us.
Meet Your Coaches
Travis is a Joplin native, with his CrossFit Level 1 and Level 2 Certifications. A Type 1 Diabetic since 1997, competitive/amateur BMX rider, and a shoe fanatic, Travis has been doing CrossFit for four years and coaching for over three. Travis is the “difference maker” of the Honey Badger team, fully committing himself to help others reach and achieve their goals without sacrificing the journey for the sake of the goal. He fully believes the importance of “trusting the process,” going back to the beginning if necessary, to help people learn and not just obtain their goals. “No one can dunk a basketball before they can touch the rim.”
Tyler, the “Number’s Man”, was born in Joplin but grew up in a land far away called Carthage, Missouri. A self-proclaimed “Olympic Weightlifting Nerd”, Tyler was a 3 sport athlete throughout high school and attended MSSU, where he obtained is BSBA in Marketing and Management. Intentional and committed to building an atmosphere at Honey Badger that promotes the growth of friendships and community, he is constantly encouraging, teaching, and helping foster an environment true to the origin of CrossFit. He’s Level 1 Certified, he can multiply any 3 digit number by 5 without having to break into his pocket protector, and he’s one heckuva an emcee!